1) The man dressed for the first time...at least, when I saw him and out in public...as a woman and completely comfortable and confident with himself. He was BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't take my eyes and smile off of him.
2) Slipping the rest (more than half) of the cocktail funds I had from my purse into the hand of my favorite local poet who was "eating when he could". He's doing what so many of us are terrified to do. I could, at the very least, give him a solid meal or two. Sometimes art must triumph.
3) Hugging and touching the man who thinks I'm too complicated for him. I am, as it were, too complicated for him by his definition. Still...we are able to maintain a lovely friendship because both of us are old enough to know the score.
4) Knowing that some people are truly paper dolls and that, if I wanted to blow hard enough, I could blow them over. I just don't care enough to blow.
5) Unexpectedly seeing, hugging, and inappropriately touching someone who, with orange hair and all, has become strangely important to me. I love your attitude. I love your candor. I love your transition. Thank you for letting me be a part of it and a part of your life. Thank you for the hug and the comfort and well...Thank you for more than I can say.
6) Being able to say to Acr0nym, "I am socially anxious. I MUST stay in this chair. Help me get drinks." And he did. With only a half-hearted grumble or two. I am so grateful for him. That's not the only reason why. He already knows I heart his face. There's no reason then to explain why else.
7) Seeing one of my most favorite people on the planet, who has, by her own admission, been persona non grata, out and about and as lovely as always. I think of her often. I bought her a present today, as a matter of fact, because she's so frequently on my mind. She is one of the most gorgeous people I know. I wish she knew that.
8) Seeing and hugging someone I first met when he was just 6 years old and when I was under the least of ideal circumstances. He may look like his father, but, in some strange way, he's also part me. That's awesome. I'm glad to have finally met his bride.
9) And last, but certainly not least, being able to be there for a friend who was "under the weather". She may have been fine on her own, but she let me accompany her and guard her from intrusion. She may not ever believe me but...I've got her back on multiple levels.
All of these things (and more) have me happy, satisfied, content.