1) Only slightly more disconcerting than discovering you've got $150 worth of groceries rung up and you've left your debit card at the restaurant at which you had lunch is going to retrieve the card from said restaurant the next day to be told the card - YOUR card - went home (TO AURORA) in the pocket of a restaurant employee the night before.
2) As I was sitting at my computer looking at Facebook, an eyelash got in my eye and my eyes started to water.
Lex: Are you OK?
Me: Yeah. Why?
Lex: I thought you were crying over Facebook again.
Lex: ... ... ...
Me: Dude! I was looking at pictures from Burning Man! Why would I cry over something so ridiculous as that?! Oh wait. It was Burning Man. Just the thought of going to the desert for a week with thousands of burners makes me want to cry. Nevermind.
3) Me: I know you're going to find this hard to believe but I have not always been quite the picture of perfect mental health you see before you.
Acr0nym: WAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA!
Me: What? WHAT?!
4) I ordered a new phone - an HTC One X for those of you who care - and it arrived today. Step 2 of the set up listed in the Smart Guide:
Do not turn your device on.
Huh? What if I promise to only use it for good? Then can I turn it on? I promise I'm only slightly dumber than the device. Really.
5) I love gamers. I hate Grotto Game Night when it's on a weeknight. I suppose I shouldn't complain. It's about the only socialization Lex gets most of the time and I don't begrudge him his fun. But I do wish we had a bigger house where I could be way far away from the action.
6) Me: Are you listening to DIO?!
Lex: No. It's Manowar.
Me: You do understand I am judging you?
Lex: And I am judging you.